Internal/External Job Posting: Facilities (1303) Technical Support Specialist
Position: Facilities (1303) Technical Support Specialist
Post Date: November 22, 2021
Closing Date: December 16, 2021
General Summary of the Position:
The Technical Support Specialist (TSS) supports the RPFI team in managing all aspects of complying with 45-CFR 1303 (federal applications for purchase, construction, or major renovation of Head Start facilities) tasks assigned. The TSS works in collaboration with the RPFI Project Director and Leadership Team to support project activities in this task area and provide ongoing development of project services. The TSS works with the team to mentor, coach, and develop tools, and resources to support and strengthen areas of responsibility. The TSS works closely with staff to ensure that the critical areas of this task deliverable have adequate technical assistance and support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
Duties are described below in major areas and is not exhaustive of the duties carried out by the TSS.
Technical Expertise, Staff Development, and Training
· Keeps up to date in areas of responsibility to support project areas of work.
· Provides individualized coaching, mentoring, and training for RPFI staff as assigned.
· Provides periodic training opportunities to staff in areas assigned, including onboarding of new staff.
· May be assigned to review 45-CFR 1303 applications as a backup in cases of vacancies or workload.
· Assists in developing and updating project resource guides, tools, presentations, and templates, and process steps to guide the work.
· May facilitate work teams to coordinate the development of project resources and tools.
Tracking and Reporting Systems
· Assists in the establishment of consistent and uniform practices for the entry of data and in the production of reports in areas assigned.
· Facilitates and schedules review of project task deliverables as assigned in collaboration with the RPFI Leadership team.
· Supports staff in organizing and tracking application documents (e.g., Notice of Awards, deeds, leases, 1303 applications, mortgage documents).
· Assists the RPFI Leadership Team in coordinating project tracking systems with OHS systems.
Communication, Coordination, and Reporting. Communicates with RPFI Leadership Team to review project status and needs and to coordinate next steps.
Multidisciplinary/Collaboration. Support a multidisciplinary approach to ensure that all disciplines are utilized in the review of applications for Head Start facilities, cross teaming as appropriate.
This position is remote work from a home office. Travel is required to staff meetings with additional trips as necessary.
Education and Experience Minimum Qualifications:
· A bachelor's degree in the construction management, architecture, engineering, or other related degrees AND at least 3 years successful construction project management experience; OR,
· A bachelor’s degree in business administration, business management, or related field AND at least 5 years successful construction project management experience.
· Certified Construction Manager (CCM) OR Associate Constructor (AC) OR Certified Professional Constructor (CPC) may substitute for years of experience as described above.
· 7 years’ experience in construction project management experience.
· Experience in the construction of Head Start, childcare, or other early childhood education settings.
· Experience and/or certification in safe playground installation.
· Experience with federal regulations such as 45 CFR Part 1303; PL 107–217 – Davis Bacon Act, OMB Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards.
Benefits: CDI offers a generous benefit package that includes medical, dental, paid time off, volunteer time off, parental leave, employer contributions to a simplified employee pension plan, professional development, tuition reimbursement and a robust culture that supports innovation, creativity, and open communication.
Compensation: The annual salary for this position is $83,000.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com prior to the closing date.
Community Development Institute is an Equal Opportunity AA, M/F, Vet/Disability Employer